[Orion] AGC/NR Interaction?

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Tue Nov 30 09:38:26 EST 2004

Rein and Sinisa, thanks for your interest.  I didn't look the S-meter
when I was experiencing the problem and it seemed to me that the noise
did not increase in proportion to the NR setting.  I have observed this
problem more than a few times.  However, I was on 30M last night and the
NR seemed to be behaving properly.  Nevertheless, there's no doubt
something is going on here.

I am going to have to try to reproduce the symptom under controlled
conditions.  I also am using the N4PY interface.  I will check the
problem directly through the Orion.  I'll keep you posted.

73, Joe