[Orion] Orion operator's manual update

Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales sales at tentec.com
Fri Jan 14 11:49:48 EST 2005

Hello friends:

It's time to do an update for the Orion operator's manual.  Since I wrote
the second
version in September 2003, much has changed on the transceiver.  I will be
updating
the manual to harmonize it with version 1.372 of the firmware.

I have set up an email address to take suggestions for additions or
revisions to the
manual.  It is

565manual at tentec.com

Notes that are of the nature:  "You added X in the firmware, and it's not
in the manual"
don't need to be sent - I have all of that information :-).  What I am
looking for are
suggestions for clarification of points made in the manual or additions on
how to use the
radio for specific operations.

Please note I have set this up as a one-way email address and do not intend
to reply
to any messages sent to that email adr.  If you want to converse with me
about the
manual, the best thing to do is send in a suggestion to the 565 manual email
address and then contact me directly via sales at tentec.com or *even better* call
me through the front office at (865) 453-7172.  The phone being a much more
efficient tool for discussion than email....but please, send the request in
writing - that
way I can print it all out rather than having to take a note from a phone
call.

I plan to have the manual revision up to 1.372 completed and posted to the
www.tentec.com website by March 1.

Thanks
Scott Robbins
W4PA

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
   Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
   Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
   Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>
   Email:  New product sales/product info         sales at tentec.com
              Service department                         service at tentec.com
   While we make every effort to answer email in an expedient manner,
   the telephone is a much more efficient tool for getting a quicker and
   more complete answer to your inquiries.  Thanks!