[Orion] 500Hz & 250 Hz Center Frequency Adjustment

Steve Kline skline17 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 00:11:20 EST 2005

I have had my radio since mid December and starting to get a handle on
most of the adjustments with the exception of centering the optional
filters.

I have been searching and reading through threads on this reflector for
the better part of four nights now, but have not been able to find
exactly what I am looking for.

There must be a more accurate way to calibrate the optional 250 Hz and
500 HZ for center frequency than to simply tune to a steady carrier and
peak the menu CF Adjustment control for highest S meter reading.

Can anyone offer a better (more accurate) procedure for alignment of
these filters or point me to a good source and I'll dig it out.

73
Steve - W5JK