[Orion] Controlling the Orion from a Computer

Martin AA6E msembx-aa6e at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 15:36:46 EST 2005

Chris,

Be sure your computer is using RTS/CTS signalling.  I believe the Orion
will do nothing if it does not receive RTS on pin 7.

I send the first command = "XX<cr>" which is supposed to be "software
restart".  The Orion should respond with " ORION START".  You can then
send "?V<cr>" which should return the firmware version ID.  Etc.

You can see some samples in Python for Linux at
http://www.aa6e.net/aa6e/software/index.html.

73 Martin AA6E