[Orion] Orion 565 with DX4WIN

=?windows-1250?Q?Milan_G=FCtter=2C_OK1FM?= ok1fm at ges.cz
Mon Mar 7 01:03:30 EST 2005

Hi Duane,

Yes, this setting seems be standard.
But the problem occures when ORION drive/control the PA:

I'am using ORION for drive the YAESU QUADRA Solid State PA.
The Band Data Output 1 drive the QUADRA (thru an interface).

The problem is, when displayed frequencies
are in different bands. The Band Data Output respect not
the upper displayed frequency and the QUADRA is not switched to desired
band.

You must set both frequencies manual to desired band.
If not the PA is set to the lower displayed frequency/band.

When click the DX spot I need to set DX4WIN
for control both displayed frequencies, not only the upper.

When I'am using DX4WIN with YAESU QUADRA and YAESU MARK-V FT1000 MP,
everything works fine.

73 Milan, OK1FM

P.S. An other problem is that ORION has no ALC input control
from PA for reduce output power (overdriving, high SWR protection etc.)