[Orion] Firmware update SHould it take this long

Sherman Banks w4atl at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 9 17:33:44 EDT 2007

It is not normal.  I do have trouble with a fast update when I use my
USB-serial converter embedded in my Microkeyer.  It takes a long time
(10 min.)  If I connect directly to a serial port on my laptop then I
can upgrade in about 1 minute.

Make sure you are using a built-in serial port and not a USB-serial
adapter or any other goofy serial port we hams are sometimes forced to use.