[OZ-CONTEST] arrl-cw-log-2

Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER - 7S3A jan-eric.rehn at telia.com
Mon Mar 31 11:23:14 EST 2003

Hello Peter,

I think you have misunderstood this matter...

There are no changes in the rules for the
ARRL International DX Contest regarding the state
abbreviations used as part of the contest message
sent by the W/VE stations. They are as they always
have been.

The abbreviations you are referring to are the
"ARRL / RAC Section Abbreviations".

They are only used by the W/VE stations to determine
exactly what the heading is telling, namely the
ARRL/RAC SECTIONS. Those abbreviations are only used
in the Cabrillo log heading (ARRL-SECTION:).

In the Cabrillo Log Summary Sheet Specification for the
ARRL International DX Contest you can read this:

ARRL-SECTION: arrl-section
For USA and Canada stations arrl-section must be
the ARRL section abbreviation as shown in
http://www.arrl.org/contests/sections.abv.html

For foreign stations arrl-section must be DX.

To read the complete Summary Sheet Specifications you
can go to the rules at SM3CER Contest Service:

http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/arrlidx.htm

So, why you've got your log refused must be for another
reason. If you like you can send your log to me and I
can help you finding out what's wrong...

It seems to me some education is needed to teach everyone
about the "Cabrillo log secrets"...

There are in fact no secrets - it's much easier than you
think!!!

73 de Jan

Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER - Contest call: 7S3A
E-mail: sm3cer at contesting.com - ICQ: 11074897
SM3CER Contest Service: http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/
SK3BG Web Site: http://www.sk3bg.se/
Also QRV in MS or MM from: SI9AM - SK3IK - SL3ZV
K6U at WRTC-96 / Referee at WRTC-2000 and WRTC-2002