[OZ-CONTEST] Asia Pacific DX Convention 2018

OZ1BII Henning mail at oz1bii.dk
Thu Jun 28 11:28:13 EDT 2018

Hello, DX-ers!

We'd like to invite you to the Asia Pacific DX Convention 2018.

You might have heard about this unique DX convention held in Osaka, Japan
every two years. Of the many amateur radio events in Japan, only APDXC is
conducted completely in English. APDXC was originally planned for hams who
were discouraged from attending amateur radio events in Japan because they
were all conducted in Japanese only. When the first APDXC was still in the
planning stage, we asked some DX hams what would be interesting for them to
do in Japan, and many of them replied that they would like to visit an
amateur radio equipment faetory. Fortunately, Icom has kindly offered us
guided tours in their factories during every convention.

APDXC is a three-day event starting with a welcome party on Friday evening.
Before the welcome party, DX-ers are invited to participate in an Icom
factory tour during the day. ln the morning, we take a chartered bus to the
Icom factory for a tour and then visit the head office for a Q&A session
with Icom's HF radio engineers, including the CEO. In past sessions, we
could see, touch and even try out their brand new radios which had not yet
been brought out in the market, such as the IC7610 in 2016, the IC7300 in
2014, and the IC7850 in 2012. I hope we'll beable to see another brand new
radio during our 2018 visit,too.
Soon after returning from  the tour, we have a chance to meet old friends
and make new friends at a welcome party, with food, drinks, and maybe some
live music.

On Saturday,we enjoy a unique bus tour. On past tours, we've made our own
green tea, made plastic food samples (like the ones you can see in front of
restaurants), visited a whiskey distillery, a beer factory, and a Japanese
sake brewery, tried our hand at making or painting ceramics, and more. This
year we're going to attend a SUSHI class and make our own sushi to enjoy at
lunch. In the evening, we'll enjoy a special DX banquet--lots of fun!

On Sunday we have several presentations, which include DXpedition stories,
technical issues, unknown parts of the world, and much more.

APDXC is not as large as the convention in VisaIia, but it's an
international, personal and friendly convention. In 2016we had attendees
from six continents, and we' re expecting the same this year.

lf you are interested in traveling to other parts of Japan before or after
APDXC, you may need some documents for your visa application. Please feel
free to write to us at mail at apdxc.org for any questions or assistance.

For details and registration, please see our website at http://apdxc.org

We look forward to seeing you in Osaka in November at APDXC 2018

Asia Pacific DX Convention
JA3USA  Osaka InternationalHouse Radio Club