[RFI] fuel pump noise in a 1994 FORD EXPLORER

K3AIR K3AIR <K3AIR@aol.com>
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:29:02 EST

Ford is aware of this and they issued a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB)
about it awhile back...I don't remember the number but any Ford dealer
should have it in their service department.  If I recall correctly, the fix
involves dropping the fuel tank and installing a filter on the sending unit
inside.  It's a bit of a hassle but very effective.

<<
 Hello,

 Does anybody know of a solution to get rid of the FUEL-PUMP noise in a FORD
 EXPLORER?

 I am running an Icom 706 and get the noise as soon as I turn the key on.  I
 get it on 80m thru 2m in SSB only.  2m FM is OK!

 Thanks,

 Howard W3CQH

 -- >>

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html