[RFI] RFI on voice keyer cable

EDWARDS, EDDIE J EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 16:22:31 -0500

	[Ed-K0iL]  I've heard that grounding at one end or the other is OK
or even desirable, but at not both ends.  So it appears you're OK here.  I'd
guess the computer end would be better since it has a signal ground on the
DB connector.

> 2) If I put ferrites on the cable, do you suggest putting them near the
>    computer end or the radio end?
	[Ed-K0iL]  If you're getting audio detection in the computer board
audio, place the ferrites as close to computer, but you may have to
experiment to determine which end gives the best results.

> 3) Any other ideas?
	[Ed-K0iL]  How about trying an 8-conductor shielded cable instead of
the 2 separate cables?  might reduce any possible interaction to have it all
in one cable with twisted pairs.

	GL & 73,
	de ed -K0iL

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html