[RFI] LCD Monitor PS problem fixed

MZAVATSKY@FAIR1.FAIRFIELD.EDU MZAVATSKY@FAIR1.FAIRFIELD.EDU
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 08:03:39 -0400 (EDT)

  Last month I submitted a problem to the list about my new NEC flat panel
monitor,s  external switching supply giving me alot of RFI on my shortwave, I
mean alot up and down the whole spectrum, I tried ferrites, repositioning the
PS, built a shielded housing for it, bought a Corcom AC line filter (which is
very good it helped a few other people I know) but in my case it didn,t work at
all.
   I contacted maybe 20 different companies and distributors with no luck on
the internet explaining my problem etc. till I was on the computer one day at
school and noticed a Digi-Key catalog on the shelf I found the section on Power
supplies and and a section from a company called ELPAC, I e-mailed them with
my problem and a Engineer e-mailed me back very promptly with the PS they sold
that might work or if I had any other questions to contact them, well I ordered
a switching PS from them #MI2612-760 $90.00 (worth it to me)

 I have had it now a week and I am still trying to find some noise from it
but I really can,t except a little up in the LW region but not much. I just
wanted to pass on this info because as Flat panel monitors in the future
become maybe? more widely used other hams or sw listeners may run into this
problem, The one that came with my monitor ended up in the garbage.

Best 73,s  Mark Zavatsky   K1ZZZ      Fairfield,CT.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi