[RFI] What next?

Hare, Ed, W1RFI Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 20:32:29 -0500

> From:	K4SB [SMTP:k4sb@mindspring.com]

> Out of frustration she may then take it to court if she
> has more money than sense.  She will lose of coarse, but
> it'll cost you too!

The ARRL Regulatory Information Branch (RIB) just put up a new RFI package
at:

http://www.arrl.org/field/regulations/rfi-legal/

While not intended to be legal advice, it offers some general background on
RFI and federal pre-emption of local law.  Any ham who feels that a neighbor
may bring a lawsuit should consider seeking legal counsel.

RIB has info on how to find an attorney at:

http://www.arrl.org/field/regulations/local/vci.html

73 from ARRL HQ,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Lab
225 Main St
Newington, CT  06111
860-594-0318
w1rfi@arrl.org
Visit the ARRL Website at http://www.arrl.org/. Check out the ARRL
members-only website at http://www.arrl.org/members/.  Have your
ARRL membership number (from your QST mailing label) available the
first time you check in. For answers to many technical questions,
consult the ARRL Technical Information Service page on the ARRL Web
site at http://www.arrl.org/tis.

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html