[RFI] AFCI

ke2n@cs.com ke2n@cs.com
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 13:58:30 -0500

Well - it seems extremely unlikely to me that these things actually radiate any RF (part 15 warnings notwithstanding). The potential problem will be susceptability.

They are required, by law, in new construction where the branch circuit has an outlet in the bedroom (in my county and probably mosst other places).

You won't be able to put a low pass filter on them because they need to detect HF energy to work. Most you could do is slip some ferrite on for common mode attenuation (I suppose).

This will a good way to convince the XYL that there is no room for a guest bed in the new hamshack....

>> Any vendors out there who would like to chime in ?

Ken