[RFI] M&S Systems intercom RFI where to start

Dave Hachadorian K6LL@adelphia.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 20:20:36 -0000

Let me quote from FCC Bulletin CIB-2, dated May
1995, page 14:

"I. INTERFERENCE TO OTHER EQUIPMENT

Stereos, electronic organs, and intercom devices,
among others, can react to nearby radio
transmitters. When this happens, the device
improperly functions as a radio receiver. You
should first determine what type of interference
you are receiving. See Part II of this bulletin
for assistance. You may try to relocate the device
within your home. It is usually impractical or
expensive to modify the affected device. Contact
the manufacturer for assistance or consider
changing to another brand or model."

I would call the mfr. again, and read this to the
head honcho, not the service tech, and see if he
can come up with any recommendations. I would not
proceed with any unauthorized modifications under
any circumstances. It could cost $5000 or more to
rewire this house, and if you mess with it, you
will will be the one who pays.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL