[RFI] Disconnecting from Internet?

Richard, M5RIC m5ric at talk21.com
Tue Apr 29 16:52:30 EDT 2003

Hi

When using more than about 60W on HF I get disconnected from the Internet. Its only on some bands but its still very annoying.

I have tried ferrite rings round the telephone cable near the computer but it hasn't helped. I have a very small garden so am unable to get the antenna further away from the house. I have a simple wire doublet that runs from the chimney above the room down to the end of the garden, in the centre there is ladder line down to a SGC-230 tuner mounted on the wall. There is a small choke balun before the coax from the tuner goes back to the shack and I also have a choke balun in the shack.

Any suggestions on what to do??

Richard