[RFI] List still running?

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Sat Aug 16 11:03:08 EDT 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:09:45 -0500, "scm" <scm at carrollsweb.com> wrote:

> I got in a hurry and opened one or two messages from this list that had
>attachements.  There was nothing attached so I figured I might have got it from one
>of them.

I'm probably preaching to the choir by now, but you really should get
a bullet-proof email program.  Agent by Forte has been designed from
the ground up to be as virus-proof as a program can be.  It simply
will not open any kind of attachment or script unless you purposely
tell it to, which of course you never should.

Outlook and Outlook Express are a disaster waiting to happen.

The current worm, m s b l a s t, is not spread by email so this does
not apply to that particular little nasty, but many other virii and
worms are targeted to the Microsoft email programs.  Do yourself a
favor and get Agent.

The usual disclaimers apply - just a satisfied customer.

--
73, Bill W7TI