[RFI] Ground Question

Mark aa6dx at pacbell.net
Tue Feb 4 19:27:29 EST 2003

Hmmm .. that was what the original thread was "about" --- and, btw. . ain't
no particular fan of Ballloooons .. had my fill of W2AU antenna fuses back
when .. my killer 75/80M traditional dipole has no such apparatii ..
worky worky .. as it did in the days of old ........   I do have a bunch of
ferrites for that purpose, FYI ...
not using `less needed!   (Anybody wanna buy a Mosley PRO-67B --- used to
was up at a famous WA7's site in Carson City, NV) ...   errr.. NIN, or like
that ...........        Anyway .. we were, I think, chatting about RFI ..
not aerials..   and, as I pointed out, the rest of the systems worked fine,
no RFI ..  (Like, 5 el Mosley 20M, 46' Boom .. separate tower) ---  .. just
Ten  M.......  Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of 28 MHz
transmissions? ---    AND .. Bill .. let's get it straight .. there is NO
NEED FOR GROUNDING for antennas to work properly .. period.  Exceptions
would be verticals, using the ground for the other "half" of the aerial.
Examples == == == aircraft, space craft, boats using 1/2 wave antennas,
space satellites, ahhhh,... yah get the picture.    Back to the baluns ..
most of them are cr+p .. so .. there ya go .. my opine.. and I work all
states 2 or 3 week-ends a year, with my paltry aerials/100watts.. and back
when I had the big stations, would work DXCC on 2 or 3 bands a week-end,
too...  73 .. Mark, AA6DX   aka T32AM, V3EO, V30EO, WB6NHF, WR6ALP, op
T32AL, V30AAA, W6RO, W1AW, NN3SI, / KH6, KL7, VY1, VE8, XE, HI, all US call
areas, KL7RA .. (mostly 20M) --- KN6M (Mostly 15M) ---   etc. etc....
cheers.