[RFI] Speedstream DSL modem

Jon Ogden na9d-2@speakeasy.net
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 09:19:02 -0600

I have a Speadstream 5260 DSL modem and have had it for about 2.5 years now.
On the higher HF bands, I generally don't have a problem with it.  On 80m
when I run high power, it gets knocked out.  But that's OK, I don't run much
on 80 except for contests.  And it comes back pretty quickly when I stop
transmitting.

At this time, I have no ferrites on any cords.  What I am using is high
quality CAT-5 cable on all lines.  One thing that may help my situation
though is that my DSL line was put in when they were still running dedicated
lines.  I don't share it with my house phone wiring.  So it comes up from
the basement where it comes into the house and is a single run of cat-5
grade cable to the room where the modem is (which happens to be the ham
shack).

I guess I've just decided to put up with the interference I have as it isn't
all that bad....

73,

Jon
NA9D