[RFI] re: BPL

WA2BPE wa2bpe at infoblvd.net
Fri Jun 6 22:17:17 EDT 2003

As has been said before, these days, the FCC seems to be following the money.  If something won't pass the regulations for, e.g., radiation, just rewrite the rules.  And as far as it being rejected in Japan - so what.  Classic government mentality (is there an oxymoron here?) says not to look at what
someone else has done when we have $$ to spend to reinvent the wheel.  And if they tackled specifically that, it would likely come out square!  Don't forget what happened with the 220-222MHz debacle - approved by the FCC yet unproven technology that fell flat on its face despite the warnings.  Did we get
that 2MHz back?  Ha!  Remember, these folks are experts at finding wiggle room and rationalization.  The real issue here is money; the Physics be damned!

Many of the services noted below are (generally) limited to metro/suburban infrastructure.  I live 4 miles from the city line; dialup is it - period.  Perhaps the recent agreement on fiber to the home standards (it's about time) will have some impact here.  Me - I favor fiber - I worked with it for 30+
years!

73,

Tom - WA2BPE