[RFI] Formal RFI complaint to the FCC

Tom Frenaye frenaye at direcway.com
Tue Nov 11 08:27:20 EST 2003

At 11:29 AM 11/10/2003, N6KJ wrote:
>On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:00:17 -0500, "Hare,Ed, W1RFI" wrote:
>

>> Tom Frenaye told me today of a newer flat-screen technology that seems to be
>> quiet at his QTH, so it may be moving onward.
>>
>And what technology might that be?  I'm curious.  I'm sure I'm not the only
>one around here looking for a quiet replacement for my 10 year old CRT.

I have not done extensive testing but have had no obvious problems with the Samsung DLP model we bought a few months ago.   Digital Light Processing uses some interesting technology from Texas Instruments  - see http://www.dlp.com/   These are actually large-screen projection TVs that are fairly thin in depth.

http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/nabc/product/b2c_product_subtype.jsp?eUser=&prod_path=%2fAudio+and+Video%2fTV%2fDLP+TV

        -- Tom/K1KI

=====
e-mail: frenaye at pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, P O Box J, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444