[RFI] Getting WiFi Upstairs

Eric Rosenberg wd3q at erols.com
Thu Oct 9 02:41:35 EDT 2003

My 70+ year-old plaster and lathing house is seriously confining my
(D-Link) WiFi network to the basement and the room just above the Acess
Point.  I added a 6 dBi patch antenna, but it seems to have done little
good.  My goal is to reach from the rear of the basement to the second
floor front room.

A friend suggested "leaky coax" as an alternative. Not knowing much (if
anything) about the subject, I'm coming here for some advice on how to
a) get the signal up from the basement, and b) what impact I might see
on my HF reception -- I've not noticed anything so far, with the WiFi
AP about 3 feet from the HF rig.

As always, thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC