[RFI] Halogen undercabinet lights

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Apr 2 16:46:42 EST 2004

For those confronting potential RFI from the common low-voltage versions of
these things that have "electronic transformers" -- presumably some sort of
switching supply -- there is another alternative besides the rather rare,
more expensive units with "magnetic transformers."  Hampton Bay now makes
120V/no transformer halogen light units that are specifically advertised as
eliminating radio/TV interference.  At <$30 for a 5-light set, they are
pretty economical as well.

I wonder whether this reflects some sort of a technical breakthrough -- all
the halogen bulbs I'd seen up till now have been low voltage units.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
will be back soon -- watch this space