[RFI] 120v halogen lights

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Apr 3 13:57:14 EST 2004

I spoke too soon -- the 120 volt halogens are quiet, all right, but they
also don't put out enough light to function as task lighting -- much less
than the low voltage lights do.  So it's back to the drawing boards.  There
must be some technological reason why they aren't as bright.

Does anyone have brand name and/or model information on halogen or xenon
under-cabinet lights with "magnetic transformers" that are reasonably
priced?  The only such transfomers I've been able to find on the web are
much larger units that are intended to power extensive arrays of
low-voltage lights.  They are wire-in designs in steel boxes and what I
need is something much less elaborate.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
will be back soon -- watch this space