[RFI] common mode noise fiters

Dxhogg at aol.com Dxhogg at aol.com
Sun Dec 12 19:12:49 EST 2004

Hi I've been experimenting and have found some interesting  results. I found
a source of ferrite beads in large quantities and took a stack  of 20 taped
them together and put it over the feed line going to my
Transceiver and was surprised to see all the junk noises  disappeared on all
the bands. So i have been busy making them for every  interconnecting cable
and the results are unbelievable...quiet bands again like it  used to be in
the 70's....a real low noise floor again now that all the junk is  gone...i
have been having a running fight with the cable CO for 2 years now the  picture
quality was poor raster lines and little dots in the picture like an  electric
motor running all the time ...well two stacks of 10 beads one over the  line
cord and one over the coax and looks like HD TV quality  now      just food for
thought    Ray  nr1r