[RFI] BPL Reality

Jim Miller JimMiller at STL-Online.Net
Thu Feb 26 20:07:44 EST 2004

The thing that bothers me is the balance of the competing forces here.  They are huge and we are tiny.  They can probably get away with many untruths or twisted truths properly timed to do the most damage and not allow for replies.  This is the same as trying to argue with someone who makes it up as they go along - it is impossible to win because it takes too long do disprove it all and we are always on the defensive.  People who are listening only hear the incorrect statement and don't hear the correction.  Think about court - they make the accusation to get it in front of the jury even though the objection is sustained - the jury heard it (and are supposed to ignore it - HA).

Reality - I believe it WILL go through and the reality of it is to hope there are enough teeth in the regulations to allow for the quieting of the bands in use by licensed users.

They keep talking about interference to hams and that they may be able to change frequencies to avoid that ham's problem, BUT what about mobile operation?  We will continually run through areas of interference.

I fear the outlook is not good and I think we are fooling ourselves if we thing it can be stopped.  I look for increased noise levels but probably not much as are being depicted on the web sites unless you are in the worst case situation.  Find a place in the country as far away from power lines as possible.

My soap box,
73, de Jim KG0KP