[RFI] Honda Accord EMC?

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at comcast.net
Mon Jan 19 17:22:55 EST 2004

Folks,

Anybody got direct experience with a Honda Accord EX?

It looks like I can use their MP3 trim package, and
install my 706mk2 in the dash.  Trailer hitch mount
for the antenna, and I could be in business hf/m again.
Between the trim package and the new hitch, it will cost
as much as the radio to do the installation, of course.

However, before I start making holes in the car, I thought
I'd ask if anyone had already done such an installation.
Suggestions/caveats for power and antenna routing?

One thing I found, using a Larsen mag mount for 2 meters,
and running the coax into the trunk...after a good rainstorm
there were 3" of standing water in the spare tire well.

You simply cannot compromise the weather seals!

Which leads me to wonder how I'm going to get the feedline
inside the car, and where I'm going to pick up chassis gnd
near the antenna.

Suggestions welcome.
73
Jim N2EA