[RFI] Fw: "homeplug" activity to establish PowerLine communicationfor Home use

Hare,Ed, W1RFI w1rfi at arrl.org
Wed Jun 9 17:22:30 EDT 2004

HomePlug V.1 uses 4-20 MHz, with most amateur bands notched about 30 dB below the permitted FCC Part 15 levels.  That is not enough to protect against interference in all cases, but is well worth the doing nonetheless. The new 5 MHz allocation is not protected in HomePlug V.1.

The upcoming "AV" version of HomePlug will be similarly notched, with 5 MHz added, I would expect.

Ed Hare, W1RFI