[RFI] writing to UPLC

Jim Jarvis jimjarvis at comcast.net
Sat Jun 26 13:48:42 EDT 2004

I would counsel against writing to UPLC regarding their
press release.  This is the metaphorical equivalent of phoning
your enemy to complain that you don't like the bullets he's using.

Save your breath.  Do NOT do it.  Do NOT reveal your emotions.
Do NOT risk giving them further ammunition.  Do NOT risk giving
them a good idea or motivating them to their next invective.
BAD STRATEGY.

Writing your congressman, on the other hand, DOES make sense.
Keep it factual.  Make yourself informed before writing.  Make
the letter informative and brief, and not emotional.

AND, do two other things:

*  Join ARRL if you haven't.  It's our only coherent voice.

*  Get yourself informed.  GOOGLE PLC/ BPL.  Visit the websites of
	every company and organization listed.  LEARN what you can of
	their investment strategy, and perceived weaknesses.  DETERMINE
	who their investor's are, and whether they would be served by
	a protracted debate....or business proposals which contravene
	existing public law and possibly international treaties.

This battle will be fought where the money is.  That's not us.  But we
CAN affect how the money sources see the risks in their investments.
And collectively, there are 658,000 amateurs, whose 401k's alone are
a potential economic factor, were we able to organize.

It's war, folks.  Think about it.

N2EA
jimjarvis at ieee.org