[RFI] Bush and BPL

Chuck Gooden cgooden at insightbb.com
Fri Mar 26 23:23:48 EST 2004

In my opinion, broadband capabilities for this country will be a very
good program  that will happen...and happen sooner than later.
Whether it will be BPL, wireless,  high speed cable, DSL, or even
satellite,  it will happen and it doesn't matter if a  republican or a
democrate will be in office.

To me it is odd that the ARRL and others are petitioning the FCC to
keep one of   the most basic and simplest forms of communications
to be required to  reach the  highest level of a radio amateur in this
age of technology, the  internet, and instant  communications!
Even when a large number of other countries are dropping the
code requirements.

Yesterday, hams were developing technology and advancing the
state of the art.   But today we're attempting to limit technology and
attempting to keep  communication modes that are very
significantly less important than they were in  their day.  Tomorrow
we will be having the same BPL problems that we have today,  only
they will involve broadband wireless access points and future
technology.  I  don't believe this is showing up on anyone's radar
screen yet.