[RFI] Today's Wall Stree Journal front page article on hams & BPL

N6KJ kelly at thejohnsons.ws
Mon Mar 29 16:55:16 EST 2004

Once again, I ask: if interference has been documented in 6 different
BPL test sites, then why hasn't an interference complaint been filed?
Why hasn't Riley come out to investigate the claims?  Why haven't the
test sites been shut down until the interference is fixed?

The FCC is claiming that BPL is not allowed to interfere and it is subject
to the same old Part 15 rules.  Why are the existing test sites not being
held to this standard?  Why are they being allowed to interfere?

In the NPRM, the FCC said that "significant disagreement exists about
the potential for interference....".  What potential?  You are saying
that it exists now.  If so, then why are they not doing anything about it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you are saying that all
of these BPL sites are in violation of the Part 15 regulations TODAY,
and the FCC is simply not enforcing the regulations.  If that's true,
then what hope is there that they will enforce them in the future?