[RFI] Smoke Detector Going Off

silberman at earthlink.net silberman at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 28 20:58:02 EST 2004

I'm having a problem with a smoke detector.   Its the kind that are wired into the AC and I find that it sounds when I go on 40 Meters!

I was thinking of trying a ferrite on the AC line right before the detector.

My other thought was to purchase one that is battery operated and see if that will work.

The detector is on the second floor and is the antenna is a Carolina Windom 80 which is not very far overhead.
I think this is sounding when I am using my amp (ICOM IC-4KL)  I don't think the transciever alone sets it off.

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,

Steve
W2KN