[RFI] Re: RFI from Hell !!!

W1gfh at aol.com W1gfh at aol.com
Sun Mar 28 18:16:06 EST 2004

Thanks to all who offered suggestions/ideas so far.

If it IS a neighbors computer/touch lamp/alarm system, then that's gonna be a
tough nut to crack. I live in a development with LOTS of neighbors that have
access to the nearby utility lines.

>What ever it is your awfully close to the source, I suspect a bad
>cable amp box, maybe full of water or rectifying the signal some how,
>Using a clip or a short clip lead and disconnecting anything that is
>in your house that the cable hooks to dead short the cable and check,
>then ground the dead short and ck again. Of course if you don't have
>cable in the house it won't work unless you can get to it somewhere.
>Good luck.
>Bob, w5pvr at goquest.com

Good suggestion! I will try that next. (FYI: We are on Charter Digital Cable
System in Burbank, CA.)

Joe, W1GFH