[RFI] Wasted and Useful Bandwidth

Bill Turner wrt at dslextreme.com
Tue May 4 11:48:30 EDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004 10:24:01 -0500, dj2001 at mn.rr.com wrote:

>A few years ago there was an article in Scientific American which
>showed a graph of known oil supplies.  If my memory serves me right
>in about 30 years we'll be on the down side of the curve and equal to
>about 1953.  I might be off a little on the years but you get the
>drift.

When I was in college in 1960 I wrote a treatise on the world's
diminishing resources.  Back then, there were enough known oil reserves
to last the next 30 years at the then-current rate of consumption.
Obviously, more oil has been discovered but you can't go on discovering
more forever.

It's too bad our national policies are governed more by economics than
by what's wise in the long run.  Sigh.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW