[RFI] Wasted and Useful Bandwidth

dj2001 at mn.rr.com dj2001 at mn.rr.com
Tue May 4 11:24:01 EDT 2004

>On Mon, 3 May 2004 08:31:48 -0700, Michael Tope wrote:
>
>>Given the current costs of solar technology and today's fuel
>>prices, massive solar deployment doesn't make economic
>>sense.

>Agreed, that's why we're still burning fossil fuels.  Solar/hydrogen
>technology is doable, just not cheap.  My question is, do we want to
>wait till the fossil fuels are all burned up or should we get started
>now?
>
>I'm not one of those sky-is-falling guys, but I do see trouble coming if
>we - the whole world - don't start the conversion soon.  Basing our
>decision solely on what is least expensive may be very expensive in the
>long run.
>
>--
>Bill, W6WRT
>QSLs via LoTW

A few years ago there was an article in Scientific American which
showed a graph of known oil supplies.  If my memory serves me right
in about 30 years we'll be on the down side of the curve and equal to
about 1953.  I might be off a little on the years but you get the
drift.

We need some innovative hams to come up with a solution.

Dale, K9VUJ