[RFI] BPL Protest Opportunity?

EDWARDS, EDDIE J eedwards at oppd.com
Tue May 4 12:00:57 EDT 2004

As far as BPL goes, I believe the FCC Commissioners are made up of 2
republicans and 2 democrats plus Powell.  They all voted for it (1
abstained-same effect as for it) to continue.  No politician is going to
give his opponent the ammo of "He's against easy Broadband for the
hungry masses".  Nor would they want to be seen being against anything
that might be popular.

Anyone who thinks "science" is not political doesn't understand how most
pure science works, or more importantly, how it gets paid and by whom
(government grants).  It just depends on who controls the purse strings
as to what is consider "mainstream" science at the moment.  (As
explained to me by some college professors who did solar research.  I'm
certainly no expert.)

- de k0il