[RFI] Computer Monitor RFI

doc kd4e at arrl.net
Fri May 7 21:15:59 EDT 2004

The Samsung Syncmaster 152N receives a weak review here:
http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,111739,00.asp

The KDS RAD-5 gets a similar weak review here:
http://www.ascully.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=111

Anyone tested a higher quality LCD display that is also
RFI-quiet, please?

It seems from what little I have read so far that one wants
a high Contrast Ratio (better than 400:1) and a quick Response
Time (less than 25ms) if one wants a crisp and quick display.

I am guessing that there are other specs that one needs as
a good reference -- suggestions re. those are welcomed.

The reviews I have read refer to "gamers" as needing really
high-end features but I am thinking more of a middle ground
quality between the "gamers" LCD and the "value" specs of
the lower end LCD displays.

It would appear that the price tag attached to higher quality
LCD displays prices them into the $350.+ (sale price) range!

Sigh.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida