[RFI] 160 Meter Interference

Bill Gaines gaines at wcoil.com
Tue Oct 5 15:43:02 EDT 2004

I have a terrible noise on 160 and 80 meters and to a much lesser extent 40. I have eliminated my house as the culprit
by shutting down the main breaker and operating the radio off battery power. I have also asked my neighbor to do the
same thing which provided no clue either. This signal is about every 90 KHZ or so. I have recorded it in the CW position
with no filtering. Here is the link to the file. My apologies for it's size but I have never done this before. Let me know if
there is anything else I can provide. By the way...it's the .wav file...the other file is my mug.

Cablevision just left my house and told me in no way was it a result of their equipment. The telephone company is next
then the electric company.

http://www2.wcoil.com/~gaines

Bill AD8P