[RFI] 14028 to 14034 hashbirdietrash

Jay Bareman Radio_Q at mchsi.com
Sat Aug 6 11:17:17 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: rfi-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:rfi-bounces at contesting.com] On

Hello again,
Regarding the hash trash noise around14029 mhz, I made a recording of about
15 seconds and sent the wav file to Ken ALexander VE3HLS - he put the file
in the UNID section of the sound file library section of his web site.

http://www.ve3hls.com/noise/rfihome.html

I asked the comm guy to listen to the hash noise while he was here and he
couldn't even detect it on his expensive receivers.
---------------------------------

Where did the power line guy have his receiver at when he listened?  Did he
have it on your antenna or did he have it in his truck out at the curb?  If
so and if your antenna is in your back yard, maybe this is coming from one
of your neighbors houses - assuming you have diligently pulled all of the
breakers in your house one at a time.  (I don't remember now what you said
in your prior postings about your efforts to localize it.)

I have noise from my alarm system that sounds somewhat similar and of course
the problem in finding it is that it is battery backed up so the breaker
pulling does not change it.

Good Luck

Jim  K5QQ