[RFI] Fwd: Re: [TenTec] RE 28.634

Jim jvpoll at dallas.net
Thu Jan 6 13:19:04 EST 2005

28.634 ?

Didn't someone intend to write 28.636 (or so) ?

My experience while mobile on 10 Meters in urban areas
while idly 'searching for anomolies' always indictes around
28.636 MHz but this is not why I am writing (pls forgive
my brief digression).

When a frequency is identified, and it seems to
be a 'carrier', and said carrier is reported, are we to
assume said reported frequency is:

 a) the receiver 'window' frequency (the display or dial
     reading which produced a 400 or 1000 Hz beat
     note in the receiver's speaker). Using this method
     will, of course, result in different reported results
     for USB or LSB receive modes.

     - or -

 b) the actual nominal 'carrier' frequency - as determined by
     'zero-beating' with said unknown carrier? (I do this by
     selecting USB and shifting my IF (IF Shift) so as to allow
     a zero beat to be performed against the unID carrier.)

I vote for "b)" as being the reported value in all such reports.

Jim  /  WB5WPA  /