[RFI] RFI- TVI & YOUR POWER COMPANY

EDWARDS, EDDIE J eedwards at oppd.com
Wed Mar 23 17:49:32 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
After that, I will try the FCC.

I believe the FCC will send you to the ARRL first.  They've worked out a
deal where the ARRL will somehow confirm you indeed have a noise problem
then send a letter to the company's Pres/CEO or perhaps the dept in
charge if you choose.  That letter gives them a certain time period to
respond with a plan, then a follow up to ensure it's been resolved.

If the power company fails to respond or meet the deadline, the ARRL
will fwd it to the FCC.  The FCC then sends a warning letter (copies are
on the ARRL web) and gives them like 90 or so days to solve the problem
(or else what?--I don't think we know yet.  In the case of BPL,
nothing).

So you might start with the ARRL at this point since that's who they'll
fwd it to.

73, de ed -K0iL