[RFI] Great Article on Common Mode Chokes

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Apr 24 00:51:28 EDT 2006

Yes, this is good stuff.

Also, see the piece I wrote last year. While its emphasis is
audio, the discussion and data apply directly to ham radio
appications.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/SAC0305Ferrites.pdf

This material was also published in an AES (Audio Engineering
Society) paper presented at the October 2005 convention in New
York. Both the paper and the applications note develop a new and
far more useful equivalent circuit for ferrite chokes than has
been used in the past. Both also include high quality measured
data on a number of readily available ferrite parts.

Jim Brown  K9YC
Audio Systems Group, Inc.
Vice Chair -- AES Standards Committee Working Group on EMC