[RFI] Fw: cell phone interference on airplanes

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 3 22:50:38 EST 2006

>From: David Garnier <dgarnier at wi.rr.com>

>Remember the 9-11 high-jacked aircraft that the hostages crashed into
>the ground?
>It was widely reported that _numerous cellphone_ conversations went on
>between the
>hostages and their families and etc...

The hostages crashed the plane into the ground?

The theory I have heard is that the suicide hijackers crashed the plane once
they realised their original mission wouldn't succeed.

I understand that, from the phone conversations, the intent of the
passengers was to retake the aircraft after the pilots had been murdered.

Not sure if there were any experienced pilots amongst the passengers.  But
in that same predicament, I would have tried like hell to land the plane
instead of deliberately crashing it into a field.  If the radio was still
working it is possible that a non-pilot could have been talked through the
procedure of landing, with at least a possibility of survival.

Of course, no-one inside that plane is alive to tell the story, so this is
all speculation.

Don k4kyv