[RFI] PG&E vs. SMUD on RFI

dave at zievid.com dave at zievid.com
Tue Oct 17 13:30:45 EDT 2006

Hi -

Our local area is about to vote on changing our power company from Pacific
Gas and Electric (PG&E) to Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD).

I've dealt with PG&E on RFI a couple of times, with mixed results.  The
first time they were great, fixing several bad poles within 3 days of my
call.  The other time took longer and more pushing but eventually did get
results.  Other local hams haven't been as lucky.

Has anyone worked with SMUD on RFI issues?   I'd like to inform our local
radio club (www.yars.org) if there's any pros or cons on this issue.

Thanks for any feedback,

 - Dave
 W6OT