[RFI] Radio "Grounding"

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Aug 9 21:04:33 EDT 2007

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 17:54:00 +0000, kd4e wrote:

>I have not seen twisted power cable before - is this something
>you do to an existing cable or do you buy it that way?

Belden 1311A and 1313A are sold as loudspeaker cable. Gepco (a very 
good Chicago company) makes a #12 twisted pair loudspeaker cable. 
The insulation is not rated for mains power, but would be fine for 
12V systems. Belden 19201 is one Type SO twisted pair of #12, and is 
rated for 600V. 

For mains power, Belden makes 3-conductor portable cordage in types 
rated S, SO, and SJ, Belden 19105 and 19205 are #10. 19106 and 19206 
are #12. All of these are twisted. 


More information about the RFI mailing list