[RFI] Broadband Wireless from Barn to House

David Jordan wa3gin at comcast.net
Tue Jul 24 09:56:55 EDT 2007

The 1,000ft wireless link between the two buildings is now up and running.

Using D-link EVDO / wireless router (for 1Xrtt Internet and 802g local
wireless access) to a 2.4Ghz 15db gain vertical Access Point, base antenna
(to light up the house and surrounding area with 18db panel at the barn
configured as a standard institutional network.  95-100% signal w/54Mbps
connection. Used LMR-600 runs to both antennas (75ft each). No RFI on any
amateur bands with 1500 watts to the antennas. Can now operate the station
in the barn remotely from the house.

Thanks to all that provided suggestions with regard to the Ethernet extender
RFI problems. Wireless was just an easier implementation once I accepted the
fact that I would have to trench and lay coax to the antennas where they
would have line-of-site locations.

73,
Dave
Wa3gin