[RFI] Noise in 2007 RHS-TV

dgsvetan at rockwellcollins.com dgsvetan at rockwellcollins.com
Mon May 14 12:54:11 EDT 2007

Doc and Rick,

Since diesel engines do not have ignition systems (other than glow plugs
to assist with starting), the noise sources that come to mind are fuel
pumps, fuel injector drive systems, and (in modern vehicles) the engine
control and monitor systems.  Any diesel gurus out there who can comment?
My best guess is fuel injectors, but since cars and light duty trucks
(vans and pick-ups) are also injected these days, the question arises as
to why are the injection system quiet on those vehicles and maybe not so
on diesels?

73, Dale
WA9ENA

kd4e <kd4e at verizon.net>
Sent by: rfi-bounces at contesting.com
05/14/2007 11:15 AM
Please respond to
kd4e at verizon.net

"Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard at karlquist.com>
cc
tvi-rfi-emi at mailman.qth.net, RFI List <rfi at contesting.com>,
FT-857 at yahoogroups.com
Subject
Re: [RFI] Noise in 2007 RHS-TV

It must have had a discernible source.  Were you
certain it was from the ignition vs some other
source?

Perhaps something freewheeling for the hydraulics
or something?

Just wondering as I am always curious!  :-)

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html