[RFI] line noise r esolution

k2mme at juno.com k2mme at juno.com
Fri Nov 9 13:23:56 EST 2007

This a brief how-to on resolving local powerline noise. I  live in Burlington, VT which has a municipally owned power company. I found the pole with a Sony 2010 listening on BC,HF and then VHF. Within a week I met 2 line crews and a supervisor at the pole. They had no way to hear the noise or recognize any resolution. You must be present to provide them a way to hear the noise. They found a defective lightning arrestor and replaced it. They pointed out that the arrestor was improperly mounted(horizontally) as were the others on the same pole. I couldn't have asked for better service. However,if I weren't present at the scene I doubt they  would have resolved it.

BE THERE YOURSELF TO ID THE NOISE.

Howie K2MME