[RFI] Car Advice

Joe wa6rkn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 14:16:16 EST 2008

2009 Forester 2.5X.  I wanted the turbo but wife said no...after all, it IS
her car.  I was told in so many words my car was fast enough.  (Supercharged
Thunderbird, highly modified)  She won.  Heh.

Nice car...very roomy...GREAT on ice and snow.  And, it is surprisingly
peppy for a normally aspirated engine.  Mileage is the same, city/highway,
A/C on or off.  (5 speed, BTW) It was that way with our 2000 Forester.
(Which only got 25 mpg)

A note here...the mileage goes down to 25/26 if using ethanol
fuel...probably why their mileage figures are so low.

And...the Yaesu FT-897D radio, works just fine in car, no runability issues
what-so-ever.

Joe Wolfe
WA6RKN