[RFI] Ham Conflict from Building Cellular Repeater?

kd4e doc at kd4e.com
Sat Dec 19 19:48:12 PST 2009

I have been told that the Verizon device - half Cell and
half Internet is reliable and less costly than the Wilson
or the alternatives.

I discovered the hard way - not properly disclosed in
advance by *any* of the Verizon staff - that they impose a
15% restocking fee if you change your mind about one of
their devices ... so will have to do a little more research
before handing over any money ... changing cellphones cost
be $35. for nothing.

> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:04:51 -0500, kd4e wrote:
>
>> Should I anticipate any conflicts between Ham radio and
>> this device?
>
>> I need something inside a 1200sf steel building, that also
>> includes one internal L-shaped steel wall, which will
>> provide cellphone access and this seems the only solution.
>
> Unlikely, Doc. The greatest potential is for HF trash from
> data wiring (if there is any) and power supply wiring, but
> that's unlikely to escape your steel building to be picked
> up by your HF antennas.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim Brown K9YC

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E