[RFI] VLF interference Re: CFLs and LEDs

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 10:48:33 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 07:08, David C. Hallam <dhallam at rapidsys.com> wrote:

> "Another fine mess you've gotten us into Ollie" Whoops my mistake It's
> our government and Al Gore that got us into this.

I've not installed a 19th century bulb in the 21st century, save for
ones in the car and, I think, maybe one in the 'fridge or oven.
That's 9 years in two houses in two states (i.e. entirely different
grid location).

I've *never* had one smoke.  Ever.  I don't know how you guys do it.

I've had lamps die prematurely.  Early on, when they were darned
expensive, I've been able to replace them at no charge from the
vendor.  Lately, it's enough of a hassle to do and the lamps are
relatively cheaper that we don't bother.

In the meantime, I've reduced my electric bill by more than the bulbs
ever cost me, not to mention put a lot less carbon (and heavy metals)
into the air that I breathe.

And it's not Nobel Laureate Vice President Gore that "got us into
this" - it's WalMart:

http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/NewsRoom/6108.aspx
http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/1004/p04s01-wogi.html

But, then, you're hams.  I'm sure you whined about CW when it replaced
spark and about SSB when it replaced AM ...